All About the Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a nose job, can dramatically improve the appearance of your entire face by making small (or large) alterations to your nose. Some issues that can be addressed by the rhinoplasty procedure include:
- Straightening a crooked nose
- Reducing a bulbous tip
- Correcting an asymmetrical nasal bridge
- Reducing the length of the nose
- Reducing the width of the nasal bridge
- Reducing the width or size of the nostrils
- Creating balance with the overall facial appearance
Even the smallest adjustments to your nose can make a profound impact on your entire appearance and facial profile. If you feel as though your nose does not fit with the rest of your facial features, rhinoplasty may be the answer.
Rhinoplasty can be performed as a “closed” procedure – meaning your plastic surgeon makes incisions within the nostrils, or as an “open” procedure, where the plastic surgeon makes surgical incisions around the nostrils. In the latter’s case, most plastic surgeons make incisions within the nostril folds to hide surgical scarring.